September 28-30, October 26-28, November 23-25 2018
(additional time commitment is expected from students, pre and post each session)
Later-in-life students come with their own needs, considerations and expectations. This training will give practicing Yoga Teachers hands-on experience with the senior student. We will explore Yoga philosophy and concepts from a later-in-life student perspective. This training is constructed to offer a balance of lecture, movement, small-group work, practice-teaching sessions, discussions and individual work.
During the 50+ hours you will delve into:
- Image and assumptions of the older student
- Adjustments for the older body
- Adapting asanas for mobility and health limitations
- Vocabulary and Communicating with a late-in-life Yoga student
- Anatomy of the aging body and mind
- Hands-on teaching and adjusting experience with Senior students
- Explorations of how to create a Yoga practice for students with Osteoporosis, Arthritis, Diabetes, and other common health concerns of the older student.
This Teacher Training is intended for practicing Yoga teachers who have a passion and desire to work with Senior students. Bring more value and personalize your multi-level classes for your older students and those with mobility and health issues. Step into a Seniors Yoga class with confidence and a greater understanding of this beautiful student population.
Pr-requisite: completion of 200-hr YTT (it is recommended that you have at least 50 teaching hours as well)
Early Bird: $650 (+GST) Before April 30, 2018
Regular: $750 (+GST) After April 30, 2018
*Registration includes a manual and unlimited yoga at Bodhi Tree Yoga Centre for the duration of the training.
Location: Bodhi Tree Yoga Centre
Please contact me if you have any questions.